To make an order successfully, a person needs to consider some essential things like the correct order has been packed properly before delivering it to its destination in an undamaged condition within the given timeline. To ensure that a product reaches customers in an undamaged condition, one must have a good picking, packing, and shipping facility. Nowadays people are opting for those companies that provide same day delivery. So, a company must have a proper shipping station in this highly competitive market to stand out.
What does it mean by the term Shipping Station?
A shipping work station is where the ordered items are dispatched after packaging. Generally, a shipping depot is a place where one can work without any hassle. Moreover, a shipping station can be set up at home if a person who has just opened up a business is unable to set up a new shipping station. In a shipping station, the products are dispatched after checking, packing, and labeling. A shipping station plays a pivotal role in the order fulfillment process.
A shipping workstation can be customized as per the requirements of the workplace. Different types of enterprises have various types of shipping stations. For instance, an e-commerce company must be capable of packing food and liquid products. But a company that sells shoes must have cardboard boxes and tape. A proper shipping station plays a crucial role in keeping its business organized and making fast shipping. With an appropriate workstation for shipping, there are high chances of getting the orders mixed, resulting in timely delivery.
Tips for building a shipping workstation
Any workplace, whether small or big, needs to build a shipping center considering its requirements. The tips to make a shipping station are as follows:
For having a small space
● One needs to get some manageable boxes or bins to place their supplies.
● After having the supplies, one needs to sort them and place them in particular bins according to their category like branded materials can be kept in one container, shipping supplies can be kept in one bin, and supplies can be controlled in one bin.
● One must keep the bins in a sequence so they can be found easily.
To have a more prominent space.
● For larger spaces, one can use metal or wooden shelves to show their merchandise openly. It will help a person to find anything very easily.
● One may use tall furniture with a lot of storage or desks with built-in cabinets. This will help a person maximize the space.
● One should place similar things in one place.
● One should place the less used materials on higher shelves.
What is the primary supply list of a shipping station?
● Bubble wrap
● Product labels or printable tags
● Shipping boxes and/or padded envelopes
● Backing boards
● Shrink wrap or wrapping paper
● Packing tape and dispenser
● Scissors and/or razor blade
● Printable labels or combination shipping/packing slips
● Shipping scale
● Box stickers (fragile, handled with care, etc.)
What are the branded packaging supplies?
● Tissue paper
● Thank you cards or packaging inserts
● Envelope/box seals
● Branded stickers
● Business cards
Indeed, running a business takes work, but one can streamline the process creatively. The tips for building a shipping workstation will help to process orders quickly and provide timely delivery.